Botox offers more than just anti-aging for the upper face. While this popular anti-aging injectable is amazing for crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown lines, Botox is far more versatile in cosmetic and medical settings.
Botox is a miracle drug, and we are not exaggerating even a little bit. While Botox Cosmetic is turning 20 years old this year, its medical history spans decades with its first official use in the medicine in the 1980s, with more cosmetic and medical benefits being explored every day.
How Botox Got Its Start in Medicine
In 1989, the FDA approved a revolutionary new treatment for blepharospasms or frequent uncontrolled eye twitching. Botulinum toxin, when purified and diluted, and injected into the twitching muscles, acted as a localized muscle relaxer to reduce and eliminate annoying eye twitching.
This treatment was approved for patients 12 and up, and what doctors began to notice was that patients receiving this treatment were seeing reduced lines around the eyes in addition to eye spasm correction.
Botox Cosmetic was born on April 15, 2002, after extensive clinical research and FDA approval. It started out as a treatment for moderate to severe frown lines.
Outside the real of aesthetic injections, medical providers across the board are offering patients Botox to treat a range of health conditions. FDA-approved uses include treatment for:
- Bladder Dysfunction
- Cervical Dystonia
- Chronic Migraines
- Adult Spasticity
- Severe Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis
- Pediatric Upper Limb Spasticity
You can learn more about the therapeutic uses of our favorite cosmetic injectable on the official website for Botox medical.
Since 2002, Botox Cosmetic uses have increased dramatically, with new FDA approvals coming rapidly. Frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines are the top approved uses for Botox for facial anti-aging. However, there are off label uses for Botox that has been safely and effectively applied for a decade or more, including:
- Jawline contouring and slimming. When injected into the jaw muscles, patients experience facial slimming or feminization. This application is also suitable for bruxism (teeth grinding).
- Lip flip. In addition to fillers for lip enhancement, reshaping, and rejuvenation, Botox is used to improve the protrusion of the lips with subtle, natural-looking results. Botox was also the preferred method for smoothing vertical lines around the lips, often called “smoker’s lines.” This is still used, but thinner, softer fillers are also used, depending on your needs.
- Neck rejuvenation and tightening. For a non-surgical neck lift, we often use Botox to smooth and relax the neck muscles for a natural-looking, youthful result.
Services We Offer at Ultra Smooth Skin
In our Scottsdale medical spa locations, we offer Botox for cosmetic use, providing you with a well-rested, youthful, contoured appearance. Our applications include:
- crow’s feet
- forehead lines
- frown lines
- jawline slimming and tightening
- lip flip
- neck lift
Schedule a Consultation in Scottsdale at Ultra Smooth Skin
Are you ready to learn more about our injectables and nonsurgical facial aesthetic treatments available to you?
Contact us today and schedule a consultation, and be sure to ask us how you can save on your treatments by becoming an Alle Rewards member.